Friday, June 20, 2008

CSOTW - ElevenEleven Designs

Ok, once again I'm breaking from my extended serial on NYC to return to an old favorite... Friday's Cool Site of the Week.

This week is a new indie jewelry site called ElevenEleven Designs. The designer lives in Chicago and studied her craft with a jeweler who has been around for over 100 years. She took time off to pursue other ventures, but has returned to her first love. She's created a design she's coined "the birdnest". Once you view the site you'll see why. Bottom line is that the few items she has up already show real promise and somehow manage to combine elegance, trend, kitch and class - no easy feat.

I have one of her rings and have to say I get comments on it every time I wear it out and about. And from what she says, earrings and pendants won't be far behind. I look forward to both! And I imagine that I'll get to see them as soon as they debut... probably at our upcoming family reunion, since the designer is also my sister.

ElevenEleven Designs

No comments: