Thursday, September 4, 2008

Lactagen User Trial Diary: Week One With Dairy

Ok folks. I will admit it here and in print ... Lactagen works. Even for a cynical midwestern lawyer. It has been a week since I introduced dairy again and days since I was free to eat what I wanted and I've had NOT ONE symptom. Nothing. Nada. Not even a twinge. As if to realllly test it the other day this was my intake:

Breakfast:
12 Oz Skim Milk
Eggs with cheese

Lunch:
Turkey sandwich with Brie Cheese
Chips
Cheesecake

Dinner:
3 slices deep dish cheese pizza
Chocolate Peanut Butter Malt from DQ

Folks, a month and a half ago I would have been in a coma. I would have been in so much pain, I would have been laying in the bathtub praying to die. Instead: nothing. Nothing nothing nothing. It works. Who woulda thunk it? It works. Of course the down side is that I gained a pound that one day alone. :)

Now, the cynic in me wonders how long this bliss will last, but we'll just have to wait and see. I can't tell you how wonderful it is in the meantime to be able to go to a restaurant or even just to have dinner in my own home and not have to either curb what I eat or pull out the Lactaid.

To be fair, I was not what I would call "severely" lactose intolerant. I could have sour cream on a taco or cheese on a burger and have no issues most of the time. But have a glass of milk or some pudding and boy look out. However, a friend's husband IS severely (and I mean severely) LI and he has been inspired to order and try the Lactagen. I'll let you know how it turns out for him.

I'm probably about done posting on this topic. I may do a one month follow up but for the most part, unless you hear about it - consider it all good. :)

No comments: