The second reason tomorrow will be a big day is that it is
In order to prepare for said trip I actually made a checklist. Seriously. It has categories for “pre flight purchases”, “carry-on”, “checked luggage”, “to do day prior to departure”, “to do day of departure”, etc. You get the idea. Yes, I am neurotic. But to an admirable end I think! I just want to make sure that we have everything we need to try and keep a little one satisfied during 8 hours of travel (1.5 hr flight, 1 hr layover, 2 hr flight, 2 hr car trip). Here is what we’ve figured out so far to take on the flight:
- Lots of snacks including “special occasion” ones she wouldn’t normally get
- 2 “old” toys that she knows and loves
- 4 “new” toys to bring out one at a time that will keep her occupied longer
- 4 books for her to look at and play with
- Multiple pacis to keep her happy and to help on take-off and landing with her ears
- Her favorite blankie
- “Earplanes” earplugs for little ones to relive pressure during flights
- Portable DVD player with movies (although this only works for about 10 minutes at a time for her)
- Lots of diapers/wipes
- Sippy cups with bottled water
- 2 extra outfits “in case”
We also plan to gate check her carseat so we can get to it if we’re lucky enough to get the option.
So – any other suggestions out there, or are we lookin as good as can be expected??