Friday, March 21, 2008

Cool Site of the Week: CARAT* Jewelry

Ok, so if you know me you know one of my weaknesses is jewelry. I was blessed enough to receive the engagement/wedding ring of my dreams. Three years later I still look at it often in awe of how much I love it. (Don't even get me started on my present commemorating Cora's birth).

But, that doesn't stop me from loving jewelry and fawning over it in stores and magazines. Most of the time I'm content with something "sparkly" from a discount store that is real only in the metaphysical sense. Something that I don't worry about losing or hurting since paying $50 to replace it isn't such a big deal.

I do find myself longing for something more at times however. The practical side of me sees no need for Liz Taylor quantities of rare jewels, but the "hey I'm now a 30-something professional" makes shopping at Claire's a bit tacky. Enter this week's CSOTW: CARAT*.

This online jewelry boutique will make you feel like you just stepped into Harry Winston with a valid lottery check. All of the jewelry is costume, but I almost hesitate to refer to it that way. It is ridiculously high quality. This is no paste or plastic gem hawker. While still a small step down from Moissanite in the "fool the eye" category, its also a step down from that gem in price. Rings will still run you from $200 - $1000 and necklaces can get upwards of $5,000. But the identical ring in Moissanite would be 5x that and diamonds.... don't even ask.

While you should absolutely look at the classic solitaires or eternity bands, make sure to check out the fancies and cocktail selections (which I find sooo much more fun). Mother's Day, Anniversaries, Birthdays ... anydays!! Make your list, check it twice and send it on to Hubby. He gets the joy of giving you something you will L-O-V-E while making himself happy with the price. Win-Win. And when someone asks you if its "real" - you can say "of course" (at least in the metaphysical sense...)

CSOTW: CARAT* Jewelers

Some of my favs:
Champagne Asscher
Carat* Flanders Border Set
Classic Cushion Border Set

1 comment:

Amy said...

Any Easter pictures?