Tricia (and Nate) I wish for you:
- The first time you make your baby smile a true sweet smile
- That look in your daughter's eye when she realizes the dog is a mobile entertainment system
- Waking up bleary-eyed after an all-nighter spent with the teething monster
- The day when your realize you can shower, brush your teeth, AND do your hair all in one day!
- Breathing in your daughter's scent as she sleeps peacefully in your arms
- That first bath where she realizes that water splashes when "patted" (get ready for the whole family to need to dry off)
- The first time she sees her own breath in little puffs in the cool fall air
- The first time you come around the corner to see Gwyn asleep on Nate's chest on the sofa
- The first time she discovers she can put her hand in the babyfood you're feeding her if she's fast enough
- The first day you BOTH sleep through the night
- But what I wish most for you is to stop and remember - with vivid clarity - where you were and what you were doing the first time it really hit you that you were a family... not a couple, not just a wife, but a family. You are someone's mommy now and forever no matter what. Its overwhelming and wonderful.
So that is my list - I'll be checking in on you guys often!! God bless all three of you