Monday, August 25, 2008

Lactagen User Trial Diary: Day 31

Wooo hooo I am in the home stretch. So far no big issues to report. I am up to 3L/1s with breakfast and 4L scoops with dinner. I even had cheese pizza last night for dinner WITH the Lactagen and no issues. One thing I did notice is that my diet was not so successful recently. I think it may be that the diet calls for very strict food intake from day to day, and two large glasses of dairy sugar are NOT part of that diet. I'm not saying its totally that, but I followed the diet to the "t" for 4 days and only lost 1lbs. Not a good sign.

Also, again maybe totally unrelated but (for those squeamish stop here and move on to the next paragraph) I have gotten two yeast infections (told ya!) in the past month. Yeast, obviously, feeds on sugar not to mention this is getting all the internal flora in my system reworked, so I wonder if this has something to do with that. Who knows.

But at any rate, I have only 3 more days of "powder" left and then we start back into dairy for a 3-day build up to freedom. I have noticed the grit in the powder lately since I'm taking it in such large amounts in such a small amount of water. It contains silica (aka sand!) so its a little gross. Not disgusting - just a little chalky and doesn't stay stirred up well.

I'll post back on day 35 when I start dairy again. I'm a little nervous - its a workday and you start with 8oz of milk at breakfast... but we'll just have to see!

No comments: