Thursday, March 6, 2008

Naughty Naughty

Ok so yesterday I was a naughty, naughty girl. Not in an “I’m a married 34 year old” fun way. In a crash and burn for the first time in 5 weeks on my diet way. (ouch)

I have been sooooo good these past five weeks. I have planned every day, watched my points, tracked every bit of food I’ve eaten, overestimated points when in doubt, and been honest about what I’ve eaten. Until yesterday.

You know when someone mentions a food and it sounds good but you don’t eat it. It stays with you. You start to crave it. You dream about it. It’s all you want to eat. I have now succumbed to that feeling.

Two words people: Cheese Balls.

I couldn’t help it – I’m a weak person. Each day I walk into our cafeteria and see the enemy and each day for five long weeks I’ve avoided temptation. I think that is worthy of sainthood candidacy. But this week the little red guy on my shoulder won out… he made some really good points actually, like the fact that we don’t have a WW meeting next week so I have two weeks to work them off, and that I had been soooo good for sooo long I deserved a treat. The little imp can negotiate.

The little winged dude on the other shoulder is back in control this morning though. I type with V8 in hand (ok not in hand per se but close by) which is all I will be partaking of for breaking my fast. Its only one point, its 3 servings of veggies and its enough to fill me up. Score one for the winged guy!

No comments: