Thursday, March 19, 2009

NutriSystem - Day 13

Ok, so almost 2 weeks gone on this little diet voyage.  The problem is that - while I had a nice loss today of 0.4lbs - I'm still not any further than I was a week ago.  And that is a real bummer.  But it seems that my body was really in starvation mode because I ate more yesterday than I had any other day prior and lost more than I had all week.  So we'll just try to stay around 1200 - 1300 and see what happens.  I also broke today and had to have something not prepackaged and not salad.  My family was having fried chicken and I picked a few pieces off hubby's serving.  Yes, I've resorted to vulturism.  I may have over-estimated the amount of chicken I ate when figuring calories but I'm trying to be rather safe than sorry!

I also noticed along this journey that I seem to have more - um - gas than usual.  I just happened to be talking to a friend who is a nurse who looked through the ingredients of my foods I had that day. She noticed a lot of Sorbitol.  This is a sweetener/preservative apparently that the body cannot process so it shoots right through.  Bottom line its known for giving you gas.  Mystery solved.  I wonder if this is what is contributing to the weird sweet/bitter aftertaste.  

Breakfast:
  • Yoplait Light
  • Nutricrunch Frosted Cereal
Morning Snack:
  • String Cheese
Lunch:
  • Garden Salad (no cheese) w/ tomato, carrots, black olives
  • Light Ranch Dressing
  • Diet Rite Soda
Afternoon Snack:
  • NS Fudge Graham Bar
  • String Cheese
Dinner:
  • Flatbread Pizza
  • Fried Chicken (approx 2 oz)
  • Green Beans
Dessert:
  • None as of publication time (trying to hold out due to cals already consumed and the thought of the aftertaste is really starting to turn me off to the foods)
Grade:  B
Caloric Intake: 1228.8
Weight lost as of morning weigh in: 0.4 lbs
Weight lost overall: 4.6lbs 

No comments: