Monday, March 9, 2009

NutriSystem - Day 3

Breakfast:
  • NS Chocolate Chip Scone
  • Coffee
Folks we have a winner.  The scone is the best (i.e. closest to "real" food) I have had so far.  I would give it a solid A.  Its a little dense however that is the normal texture for a scone.  Its not going to have the flaky outside that a bakery scone would so hence no A+ but still darn good. I'd eat it even if I weren't dieting.  Plus the portion was very generous - 2 substantial triangles.

Morning Snack:
  • String Cheese
Lunch:
  • NS Fettuccine Alfredo
  • String Cheese
  • Water
This was one of the heavy paper cups where you add boiling water (think Cup O Noodles).  It was ok.  The sauce thickened up somewhat... I still wouldn't call it a cream sauce but it had good flavor.  Just make sure you don't use any more water than it states.  The portion was fine.

Afternoon Snack:
  • 6 Almonds (x2)
  • String Cheese
  • Mandarin Orange
  • Cherry Coke Zero
Ok  this is where we ran into trouble.  By 2:00 I was starving.  I ate my 6 almonds, a string cheese and my little Clementine type orange.  By 2:30 I had to get a Coke Zero for the caffeine.  It didn't help enough. At 4:00 I caved and ate 6 more almonds.  By the time I got home at 5:30 I was ready to chew my hand off. I had a huge headache and my muscles were tight/aching like a stress ache.  

Dinner:
  • NS Thick Crust Cheese Pizza
  • Water
This time I did the thick crust pizza I remembered liking from last time.  I also made sure to do it in the oven.  It is only slightly larger than a coaster.  Its about the size of a "Gladware" lid.  I cut it into 4 small "slices" to help myself feel like I was eating more.  The pizza was fine.  There's still a little something wonky with their sauce (its too sweet) but its doable.  I felt better after eating but not full. I chugged a glass of water before running to a 6:30 meeting.

Dessert:
  • NS Double Chocolate Almond Cookie
It doesn't exactly taste like a cookie.  A little powdery, a little dense and not rich chocolate. But its a cookie, its something else to eat and it does have almonds in it.  I'd give it a B-.  

Today was a hard day.  It started off great with a good breakfast where I didn't even feel like I needed anything other than the NS entree.  However it started to go downhill with lunch and by the afternoon it was realllly hard.  In fact I'm hungry as I type (about 30 mins after my cookie)  I'm feeling VERY low energy, my shoulder muscles are tight and achy and I get headaches quite often.  I'm going to try and up my water intake to see if that will help.  All I can say is that tomorrow better show some nice weight loss or I'll be pretty cranky (ok so I'm already cranky).  I will say that after today, had I not paid $300 to do this, I would be really likely to quit.  But I can't look hubby in the eye if I do so onward we go.  [note: NS does have a money back guarantee, but you have to ship everything back and shipping a 40+lbs box is no small trick]

Grade:  C- 
Caloric intake: 1064.1
Weight lost as of morning weigh in: 1.3 lbs
Weight lost overall:  2.5 lbs

No comments: