Wednesday, March 11, 2009

NutriSystem - Day 5

Today was a bummer wake up call. Hopped on the scale this morning and only lost .1 lbs. Point one. As in one tenth of a pound. Argh. That did not set my day off right. Dunno if it was the extra 1/2 a banana, the non-fat-free salad dressing, or merely my body clinging to what is left as a "starvation reflex". Here's hoping tomorrow is a better day.

Breakfast:
  • NS Blueberry Muffins
  • Decaf Coffee with Mocha/Caramel (one pump each)
  • Water
The last time I tried NS, the muffins were one of the worst things I'd ever tasted.  They literally tasted like someone had mixed sand into the batter.  I was UBER hesitant to order more this time around but had heard someone say they liked them so ordered the blueberry.  I was very pleasantly surprised.  While you can still tell something is a little off (probably the stuffed-with-fiber thing) but they were fine.  A lot like the little hostess mini muffins if you've ever had those.

Morning Snack:
  • String Cheese
Lunch:
  • Small Garden Salad (no cheese)
  • Light Ranch Dressing
  • Imitation Crabmeat (2 oz)
  • NS Fudge Graham Bar
Nothing much new here.  I did find out that the light dressing on my salad bar at work is only 45 cals for a 1/4 cup.  That was heartening.  I also found out that 2oz of imitation crab is only 50 cals.  So I could have a nice salad, a few small pieces of "krab" and feel pretty good about lunch. The NS bar was fine.  Nothing great, nothing bad.  Just your typical diet or energy bar.  I wouldn't want to try it as my only lunch item though.  

Afternoon Snack:
  • String Cheese
  • Almonds (6)
Dinner:
  • NS Sourdough Pizza with Cheese
  • Baked Potato & ICBINB
  • Rib Eye Steak (1 oz)
  • Decaf Coffee
The fam had steaks with baked potatoes today.  Argh.  For dinner you're allowed a small protein or dairy so I cut a small slice off one of the steaks and had that with my pizza.  Steak and pizza... totally makes sense.  Right.  But hey I was pushed to my limits.  You're also allowed 2 veggies each dinner so I subbed in a baked potato plain save for ICBINB.  I'm hoping that's ok - we shall see!   Ok so the pizza was fine.  Baked it in the oven and with everything else dinner was all I needed.  Feeling guilty for the potato I skipped dessert tonight.

Dessert:
  • None
Grade: B+
Caloric Intake: 1068.1
Weigh lost as of morning weigh in: 0.1 lbs
Weight lost overall: 3.2lbs

No comments: