Tuesday, March 10, 2009

NutriSystem - Day 4

Ok - MUCH better day today.  I had always heard that the 3rd day of any major diet change (carb deplete, detox, etc) is the hardest.  Judging by yesterday I hope that is accurate because yesterday SUCKED.  I was very ready to quit, and in fact, "cheated" and ate 1/2 a banana around 9:30 last night.  I just couldn't concentrate on anything else.  Even watching TV was too much effort.  Today is much improved. I can honestly say I didn't ever get ravenous the whole day.

Breakfast
  • NS Chocolate Chip Scone 
  • Water
Already reviewed the scone - still love it.  Wish I had more.  And note - no coffee this morning.  Maybe that was part of what helped but I really did try and suck down the water today.  I also slept with my humidifier on 45% last night to try hydrate some overnight.

Morning Snack:
  • String Cheese
Lunch
  • Garden Salad (no cheese)
  • Light Ranch Dressing
  • NS Chocolate Peanut Butter Bar
  • Diet Pepsi
I'm guessing having the large salad was part of the key today.  After eating the salad (at lunch with a friend) I walked back to work and decided to have my NS item about 30 mins later - so probably an hour after I finished the salad.  The PB Bar was not good.  It wasn't horrid, but when I opened it (after having it in the fridge with my lunch), it had a VERY strong chemical smell.  I almost didn't eat it (but who are we kidding).  It literally smelled like vinyl - like the pages from an old photo album.  After I got into it I guess I either got used to it or it warmed up and was ok.

Afternoon Snack
  • String Cheese
Almost didn't even need this.  Ate it on my way out the door of work at 4:30 just in case I would get hungry before I could get home and make dinner.

Dinner
  • NS Stroganoff Sauce with Beef and Noodles
  • Green Beans
  • Water
The NS entree was good.  Really nice portion, lots of mushrooms and carrots, and the beef was not scrungy!  I would definitely eat this one again.

Dessert:
  • NS NutriChocolates
Loved em last time.  Love em now.  They taste great and you get a ton of them in a pack.  It doesn't feel like until you open it and start munching, but if you eat them one at a time they last a long time.  I'm sitting here now totally satisfied and almost what I would say is "full".  

Overall today was probably my best day hunger-wise and food-wise.  I almost felt like a normal person.  I did have "light" ranch instead of fat free dressing, but I accounted for it in my calories for the day and reconciled it with not having as many snacks later.  The down side was that I only lost .6lbs at this morning's weigh in - even after having a horrid day yesterday.  Bummer.  But I knew at some point the mega loss had to stop.  Unfortunately.  So we'll wait and see what tomorrow brings!

Grade:  B+
Caloric Intake: 1068.7
Weigh lost as of morning weigh in:  0.6 lbs
Weight lost overall:  3.1lbs



No comments: